Saturday, June 28, 2008

A bizarre dream

There is this bizarre dream that i wanted to talk about, or rather blog about. Its kinda strange what happened in the dream..but that's what dreams are made of, isn't it ? It goes like this.....

Gowrisankar(gowri as we call him) is holding a wedding invitation of this girl i had a crush on.
Was it just a crush or more than that ? I don't know, but i was deeply depressed at the sight of the invitation. gowri felt sorry for me, i could see it on his face. He knew what this girl meant to me and did realize that it wasn't any where close to comfort in learning that this girl i liked is getting married to some one else soon. Can't this be stopped ? What do i have to do to stop it ? Or should i ?
I knew this girl for quite some time now. The first time i saw her i was dumbstruck and the poor english language has few words (or none) to describe that beauty. Lunch was the time i got to see her in the cafeteria everyday.....boy, was i waiting for that. Each passing day my liking for her grew in stature. All these days, never spoke to her...not even once. I never had to...We had mutual friends, but never thought of using them to strike a silly conversation. Somebody every now and then would tell me that i need to talk to this girl, but i never did.
And today the sight of the wedding invitation with her name on it drove me nuts...
why does it have to end like this ? have i made a mistake in not talking to her, even once ?
Now all of a sudden my heart feels heavy.........feels like its being crushed by a thousand tons of rock....pain is too small a word now compared to what i was going through.


"Oh wait", an excited gowri says...."Look at this !!"

"Oh no i don't want to see that again, its unbearable, gowri....i can't......Please take it away from me, can't take it anymore....."

"No, you should take a look at it, for god's sake !!", he said putting down his finger on the invitation.
Composing myself with all my will, like a child who doesn't want to have an injection i so reluctantly looked at the wedding invitation and barely focused my eyes to the point that gowri had his finger on. The groom's name looked familiar. My focus increased exponentially.
Goodness gracious !! its me !! i couldn't believe my eyes, I'M THE DAMN BRIDE GROOM. My joy knew no bounds and was on cloud nine [10, 11 maybe ;)]. Celebrating i jumped onto the table to do a little dance. And blinded by the rosiness of the moment, without realising what i was doing, in a wrong footing, lost my balance and i could see the marble floor approaching really quick and fast....rather i was going down towards the marble floor, face down....Thud !! Ouch !! it hurts......hurts badly.....

I get up to see that i have just woken up from a dream, falling off the bed as a result.
My face and my shoulder are still hurting from the fall...

To me the dream is strange and what makes it stranger is how a dream could have things that you never thought of, consciously. I happened to read somewhere that your dream mostly consists of what your brain has come across before as a thought or something that your eyes have seen.

Ta

No comments: