Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The City of Angels

Just returned back from a long weekend trip to LA. 4 days of whirlwind touring around the Disneyland parks and Universal studios had me and all of my friends exhausted. Had a
FUN-tastic time after years - turned a kid, freaked out like the world was going to end tomorrow. One amazing city Los Angeles is. Wish i were working & living there. Didn't go much around the downtown, but whatever i could goto was amazing. [May be one more post later about all we did in LA, when i come back to my normal senses.] Disneyland and Universal were absolute amusement and worth all the money spent and distance travelled.

We wanted to holiday for the long weekend (Sep 1st - labor day in the US) and took a day off on the Friday leading into the weekend. We had planned this trip roughly 2 months ago and had booked air tickets then. Everything else, like the Hotel reservation, Car rental etc., kept happening in the run up to the trip. I pretty much thought this would be the last trip to anywhere in the US this year, before my india visit and was hell bent on making this trip a memorable one. I should say it turned out as expected. And this won't be my last visit to LA, but the first of many more to come. I missed the beaches this time, will ensure i don't, the next time around. It'll be some more days before the spell binding memories of the city and the magic of its angels leave me.

Ta

No comments: