Saturday, March 14, 2009

Once upon a time there lived an umbrella......

Umbrellas are meant for protection from the rain (and sun, may be) and come in a variety of shapes and sizes, appropriately priced. I found that out or rather re-discovered it when it was raining here a couple of months ago. I decided to get myself one then and immediately went to walmart, only to find myself drowned in a plethora of choices. I settled on one and bought it. Well, what d'you know! It stopped raining the next day!! It did not rain for the next 3 months - my umbrella was happily resting in my car - until last wednesday. It started raining pretty early in the morning and once i reached office i opened the umbrella for the first time (in its professional life). There blew a gust of wind and with it the umbrella folded backwards - breaking one of its spokes. so much for a new umbrella !! The umbrella isn't completely unusable though - its partly crippled but can still serve well. That was the sad story of my umbrella :( ......

Oh and i thought.... why isn't there an umbrella pant/bottom or something like that.... coz an umbrella can only keep you from getting wet on the top. Below the waist, you will become wet [from the rain, that is - i know what you thought :)] no matter what. And if its windy, don't even ask. Wearing a waterproof pant over your pants is not a solution. It should not be wearable and should be like an umbrella - to cover the lower half of your body, if you understand what i mean.
Any ideas ? 

Ta

No comments: