Monday, July 14, 2008

Date

Me : Excuse me !!
She : Huhm...ya ?!
Me : Hi, i need to talk to you for a moment. Will you have the time ?
She : You want to talk to me ? What about ?
Me : I'm afraid i can't say that here, in public.
She : (Rises slowly from her chair smiling mischievously and gestures to her friends on the table that she'd be back)

At the Far east desolate corner, we stand facing each other.

Me : I wanted to ask you out. Out for a date......
She : what ?.... Are you a jerk ? (surprise).......you don't even know me.....i don't know you.....And...
Me : [Isn't that reason enough to go out on a date ?] That's precisely one of the reasons we have to go on a date. I need to know more about you and you about me.
She : is this some kind of a joke ?
Me : No its not. Let me explain. I know that your father works in this(un-name-able) institute and you also stay in the same campus. I found out your mobile number and your landline. I learnt that you wrote the [DOG ?!?!] exam, made it to the shortlist of this-famous-business-school, but didn't get through.
She : Don't be a freak ! Tell me why you are doing all this.....
Me : I like you. I think you are pretty. You have captured my imagination like anything.
She : what made you think i'll go out with you.....
Me : Actually, nothing. We all live in perpetual hope and its the same hope that pushed me to do this today.
She : What hope ?!?!? i don't want to go out with you, esp. on a date !!
Me : why not ?
She : I dont want to answer questions like that !! I dont have to !! I can't believe i'm talking to you !! nonsense you are......

Turns her back and walks away from me quickly to her table.

So the dream ends.........This too isn't real, but i'm awake.

Ta

No comments: