Monday, July 14, 2008

Driving cars & bikes

I like driving. Driving cars, driving bikes.......For the same reason, i like racing games.
Driving pleasures me unlike anything. The sense of satisfaction and the instant gratification is unparalleled to anything on earth. I can't remember since when i took to driving with such passion. I didn't ride a cycle till i was 15. Amidst a lot of embarrasment, I was pushed to learn cycling in the vaction that followed my 10th board exams. Within a year i could drive a geared motorcycle sans help and there's no looking back since then. Bought myself a Discover 125 Cc after i started to goto work. Office was 25 kms from home and hitting 100 kph on a regular basis on my bike, on the way to office and back was never going to be surprise. God smiled at me when the IT corridor was extended and relaid with more lanes to make it a speedway. I had to travel back home pretty late in the night most of the time and i preferred it too. That way i got to keep trafffic and house chores away. Made sure there is just enough time for me to sneak in , eat something and hit bed, for a good night's sleep !!

I would wade through all the traffic from Anna arch to choolaimedu through nelson manikam road and then hit tnagar via mahalingapuram. Out of tnagar onto mount road through venkatnarayana road and then it is chamiers road headed to kotturpuram. One straight road till the cancer institute[where you hit 80 comfortably] where its a dead end and then skid onto madhya kailash, where the whole city is waiting for you, or..... well.. for the traffic to clear, of course. From then on its another 10 kms of IT highway to office, bliss as i would call it.
Would take me anywhere between 45 to 90 mins for the entire journey.
Its a lot less on the way back home - same route though. One night, I reached home in 22 mins flat.

Well, you may wonder if i was never caught speeding. I was, once. Its another story what happened at that time, but its, proportionately, way too less for 10 years of driving in the fast lane.

I miss it a lot now....Driving back home at such a high speed....with headphones tucked in my ears, inside my helmet. With the radio on, listening to all the good(new) songs and the RJ that somehow keeps me awake. (Thanks to the RJ, i was still on the road)

Later on, I began to goto office by the new santro that dad bought. [he seldom went to office by car]. I enjoyed driving a car to office too, but never as much as i enjoyed a bike. Now i own a civic, but then rules of the game have changed here.

Ta

No comments: