Thursday, December 18, 2008

Being single.......

How tough or easy it is to be a single ? I wonder. Oh and i don't want to walk through the realms of being a single but there are a few aspects of being single (and not being in a relationship) and be the next one in line ready for marriage, that have me occupied. Occupied in my mind, that is. Not visible to others. 
                              Long since the number of people (in my close relatives) that were to get married came down to zero, this has been a problem. Marriages, wedding receptions, birthday parties, other family functions........Wherever you go, however you hide...... some interested-in-your-well-being-relative will find you and load you with all the crap about when yours truly would get into a wedlock !! You are next in line !!  

All that you feel is, Oh thank you for the timely reminder. what would i have done without you. Holy s*&# !! If this keeps happening to me, i'll not think twice before saying you are next in line, when i see you in a funeral. 
All right, may be i'm taking this a bit too far. With all due respect to marriage as a holy institution and these constant naggings being a part of your life till you are finished in the name of marriage[Marriage completes a man, some one said], i began to think about the kind of person that i would like to marry and spend the rest of my life with. My parents asked me this simple question, for which i hadn't an answer. Not that i didn't have a silhouette of the woman/girl that i would want to marry, just that it was not something that i could tell my parents about. For long (read since i was in high school) i've been impressed by 'Iyer aathu Ponn's and Mallu girls. There were a few desperate occasions when i vowed to marry a mallu girl or an Iyer aathu girl, when its time !!  As a matter of fact, most of the girls that i've liked so far in my life have either been a mallu or a typical iyer girl [I dont want to get into any caste discretions here, just trying to keep it simple] .  who is to worry about me not being a mallu guy or an iyer boy ? I wouldn't. Is this a problem even in today's age ? C'mon people, why do these things still have to be part of bride/groom searches ? It'll be amazing to see 'caste no bar, religion no bar' on every matrimonial listing. That'll make things easy for lesser blessed souls like me !! he hee hehe 
Enough for today i guess, will return with this topic another day. Time will have the answer to all my questions. Hopefully.

Ta

No comments: