Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New year in Singara chennai

After a long journey, here i'm, posting this from my home in chennai, on the new year's day. The clock struck 12, the new year was born in chennai and i landed at the airport at the same time. That was a joyous moment and the whole plane broke into celebrations. 

Happy new year to all. 

I'm back with my family at chennai now after a year. Another three weeks and i should get back to Dallas. I had two briefcases (almost) full of electronic items that i'd bought for family, friends and relatives, with hardly any space in them for my clothes !! There are so many things that i don't get in chennai or i'm not happy about. Yet with all due respect to the city that i grew up with, no other place on earth can match it. Chennai is my abode....Chennai is heaven....It is THE-HAPPENING-PLACE for me. I Love Chennai...... To be back here is my new year's present to myself. There are so many things in life that we take for granted and do not realize their significance in life until a noted absence of it. Chennai has been conspicuous by its absence in my life. Chennai or the lack of it has played a major role in the transformation of my lifestyle in the last half a dozen years. 
How much i missed chennai in the last one year..... 

Priorities do shake a bit of some of our lives, whether we like it or not. I'm no exception.

Ta

P.S - Will get back more on my escapades in chennai(that i have planned) in the ensuing weeks 
Or if i was not able to !!

No comments: